3400 Airport Avenue, Suite 20, Santa Monica, California 90405
(t) 310-390-1200 (f) 310-390-1300
10 Years Strong!
August 1, 2017
CAUTION: Travelers Re-Entering U.S.
January 31, 2017
New Year = New Laws
January 9, 2017
Disinheritance: How Sweet It Is
Alert: Changes in Employee's Rest Break Requirements
December 23, 2016
Look! Our Estate Planning Booth!
December 13, 2016
Dying Without A Will
After Your Great Idea: The Contracts You Need
November 17, 2016
The Paperwork of Loving Your Kids
November 16, 2016
Life Insurance, Meet Your Estate Plan - The ILIT
October 5, 2016
Jessica D. Lew, Esq.
Here are just a few of the 898 new laws that go into effect in California this year, enacted by our legislatures and the numerous propositions that we vote on every election cycle.
(1) Cell Phones: You are no longer allows to hold your phone while driving. Your phone must be mounted. Veh. Code 23123.5.
(2) Minimum Wage: The minimum wage goes up from $10/hour to $10.50/hour, gradually increasing to $15/hour by 2022. Labor Code 245.5.
(3) Guns: Californians need to turn in gun magazines carrying more than 10 rounds; background checks are requiring before buying ammunition. Penal Code 32310.
(4) Sexual Assault: The law is clarified that a victim cannot consent to sex while unconscious or incapacitated by drugs or alcohol. Penal Code 1203.065.
(5) School Mascots: The term "Redskins" is no longer allowed for sports teams. AB-30.
(6) Drinking & Haircuts: It is now legal for beauty salons and barber shops to serve free wine and beer to clients until 10 p.m. B&P 23399.5
(7) Toilets: All single-user toilet facitilies must be all-gender. AB-1732.
(8) Right-to-die: Terminally ill patients can use experimental drugs to ascertaining when they want to end their lives. SB-128.
August 2017 (1)
January 2017 (3)
December 2016 (3)
November 2016 (2)
October 2016 (2)
September 2016 (2)
August 2016 (4)
June 2016 (3)